Answered By: Rachel Scott Halls Last Updated: Mar 28, 2023 Views: 595
Most of our databases are available off campus by logging in through the Library's intranet pages:
- Go to the Library, Archives, and Learning Services' Intranet pages
- Scroll down the page and under Essential services for Students click on A-Z Database list
- Browse the A-Z list of databases from the Databases page
- Follow the instructions under the database your want to access.
- In most cases access will be through OpenAthens (see below) using your UEL login
- A small number of our resources require a separate username an password - these are listed under the name of the resource on the A-Z list
Logging in through OpenAthens
Each database provider will have a slightly different way to access the login screen. In general you will be taken to the login page from the A-Z list. If you are not look for a link to Access through OpenAthens and then follow the steps below, or have a look at the video.
- Under 'Find your institution' type University of East London into the search box
- Click on the link to University East London with the red/orange UE next to it
- When prompted to 'Choose how to sign in' click the link to 'University of East London: Sign in at University of East London'
- This will then either take you to the UEL login pages or, if you recently logged in, straight through to the database, journal or ebook